Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flappers and Rosie?



I have this thing- I LOVE history and I am always adding new projects to my plate. In fact, my newest project is a 1920s/30s vocal trio called Bootless Betties that sings hot jazz, or flapper music with three singers, ukulele and whatever percussion instruments we can strap to ourselves (think knee cymbals).

Whenever I start a new project, or twenty, I always do a ton of research. Of course, I am under the pretense that others might be interested too. It's one of the reasons I started this blog. I really love posting to it and showing off all of the neat tidbits I have picked up in my research on rockabilly and the 1950s. I'd like to do the same for the 1920s/30s info I have amassed recently too.

Which leaves me with a slight dilemma- to me, the Tart Deco blog would be a perfect place to add more eras. The name makes sense (Tart Deco- Vintage Glamour & Retro Living), I was always teetering on the edge of including vintage info outside of Rockabilly, and it would be less confusing to me to have the one blog. However, I don't want to alienate my followers who read this blog specifically for rockabilly/50s and feel like they might have to wade through decades they don't care about.

SO- I have created a really short survey (4 questions- easy peasy) to get your opinion. (edit: I fixed the link)


If I branch out the timeline for the blog it would be 1920s-60s, covering Art Deco, flappers, WWII, and rockabilly subjects. I would also modify my sidebar labels to group the posts together and I have some questions on the survey about that too.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

PS My one-year anniversary is coming soon, so keep an eye out for a neato giveaway!

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails