Friday, April 30, 2010

Under the Biltmore Clock Flapper Fashions

Just on a lark, I searched for "flapper" on blockbuster online and the short film Under the Biltmore Clock came up starring Sean Young. It's an American Playhouse adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald short story "Myra Meets His Family." Not being a huge Sean young fan I was pleasantly surprised at how well cast she is in her role as Myra and the delightful song and dance she does towards the end of the movie really clinched it for me.

What I love best about this film is the wonderful hair accessories. I found myself waiting patiently for each new scene because Myra had a new wonderful matching ensemble.

I am on my second rental of the movie and the fashion alone in the movie is moving me to buy it. It may not all be 100% period, but it is certainly imaginative and the extra care taken to match the accessory fabrics to the clothes, especially when matched to the lining materials, makes me love them.
Don't be surprised if you see a line of Tart Deco headache bands soon. I am definitely inspired!

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails