Sunday, April 11, 2010

Secret Garden Basket Swap

I posted a little while back about the basket swaps I did and I just got my first package in return! It was for the Secret Garden Basket swap and it was from my delightful partner Stephanie in N.Y.:




















You may not be able to make it all out, but I got such lovelies such as a vintage tin full of vintage buttons, an art deco rhinestone buckle, a 1931 girl's schoolbook and, my favorite, a shabby chic framed art deco print.

Here is the full view of what I sent to her:

 This was WAY too fun! If you ever get a chance to do one of these and feel pretty confident in the blog that is hosting it (I made sure to talk to the blog owner first before I signed up), do it. It's really great to see how other people interpret the theme. I actually got an art deco buckle that I can use right away on a 1929 dress I am making. This is one instance where the internet really did facilitate a wonderful social encounter :)

4 comments:

Miss CherryBubbles said...

How neat! I'm not familiar with basket swaps - but what you sent and what you received sure make it look fun :)

The Spanish Dahlia said...

Hi Steph,
Wow, the pics came out so pretty! I am so thrilled that you loved what I picked out for you and that the vintage art deco rhinestone belt will be used upon sewing your dress. That is too cool! Anyway, thanks again for all the goodies you gave me and I would love to do another swap with you again. As soon as I can figure out why my computer won't allow me to upload my pics I will post them and notify asap.
Have a nice week,

~ Steph

Unknown said...

Hey! Im interested in this basket swapping, do you have any info you can share. my email is journeyamerykah@gmail.com. please share if you can!

Unknown said...

Hi Pinup momma! It's hard to give you specifics on the basket swapping because I came across them quite by accident on someone else's blog. All I can say is visit the blogs that I linked to in my original post and follow them because I believe they do the swaps throughout the year. Also, you could try doing a google search for blog basket swaps and see if anything comes up that is recent.

Sorry I can't give you more, but when I find out about them I will make sure to post on my blog.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails