Thursday, April 1, 2010

I LOVE Pink

No, not the singer, the color! Pink is one of those colors that I am surprised at loving so much in my adulthood. Even though my wedding colors were white and red, I still had a pink bouquet (pic on the left). It's not even what it represents, I just love the color itself; all shades of it. Funny enough, pinke originally referred to a yellow tint. Eventually, the color pink as we know it was considered a masculine color, and blue feminine, until the 1940s when it was reversed.


I love how pink can be calming and tranquil...








   (pic from gerryganttphotography.com) 


and then fierce and daring!


















(pic from monifc.com)

What color do you find yourself secretly loving and why?

2 comments:

Louise said...

Can I just say that your bouquet was stunning.
And I LOVE pink too. Yellow is a close runner-up.

InkyW said...

i love green. i can't really wear it near my face but i love it as skirts and accent color - i adore seeing green on people, all shades. and secretly I also love pink :) and purple. But my sun rises and sets in red and black.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails