Saturday, May 29, 2010

My One and Only

I have been walking by the movie My One and Only at Blockbuster for months now and I finally picked it up to watch. I knew it was a film set in the 50s and based loosely on George Hamilton's life (yes, sun-tanned, Love at First Bite George Hamilton). Other than that I didn't know what to expect.

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Renee Zellweger so to me that was the one aspect that I thought could push it over the edge. However, I thought she did a great job in this and did very little of that weird "mugging" of hers (something that irritated me in Leatherheads) where she squinches up her face and her cheeks and lips take on a life of their own. You know what I mean...

Anyway, I ended up loving it and so did the husband. Go rent this movie. You'll thank me for the fashion and the beautiful caddy shots at the very least. My very favorite clothing piece is the off-white bolero sweater.

1 comment:

Tristan Robin said...

she squinches up her face and her cheeks and lips take on a life of their own

I sure do! I always want to poke her cheeks and hear the air escape like a popped balloon.

Kevin Bacon is one of my favorite actors ... so I may have to watch this ... even if it is about George Hamilton. George Hamilton? Really? LOL

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails