Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Food Timeline

 (pic from gettyimages.com)

I was watching episodes from the first season of I Love Lucy the other day and I noticed that they were eating an egg out of those cute little egg cups. I also noticed that they had very little else on the table besides coffee and toast. This got me thinking, was this a TV breakfast or a typical 50s breakfast? So I got online and procrastinated even more from writing the paper that is due on the 10th and found this interesting website- The Food Timeline: popular American decade foods, menus, products & party planning tips.

The site gives you great info on food by decade starting from the 1900s, plus some on the UK and Australia. For instance, did you know that Taco Bell was established in 1951? Neither did I.

2 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

ugh - an egg cup means (yuk) a soft-boiled egg. bleh.

As an old-timer, I can say that when I was a kid, the idea of a steak, three eggs, homefries, bacon and a side of pancakes was virtually unheard of!

soft-boiled eggs. ewwwwwwwwww

Miss CherryBubbles said...

Thank you for sharing this! Oddly enough, I've been trying to find out when Red Velvet Cake became popular. Maybe I'll find out on the Food Timeline :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails