Monday, February 16, 2009

Bridal Bouquet

I have decided to use a nosegay bouquet to walk down the aisle. This petite bouquet was all the rage in the 1950s and helped to offset the large skirt of the wedding dress. I was lucky enough to find a copy of Daniela Turudich's "Vintage Wedding" which has instructions from 1948 on how to create one of these delightful bouquets. I have included them below. They aren't of the highest quality scan, but you get the idea. Also, click on the pics to enlarge them.







I haven't decided on the flowers to use yet, although I know they will be red and white (our colors), with a couple of small blue ones, for something blue. I like the idea of lilies or posies and there is always the old standby of roses. If anyone has any suggestions on summer flowers, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails