Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tin Pan Alley Songbirds


I recently did another gig with my vocal trio Bootless Betties. The premise of the group is that we sing syncopated songs from the 20s-40s in a similar style of the Boswell Sisters and Andrew Sisters. We are accompanied by guitar/ukulele, cello and pots & pans percussion. It's a ton of fun and we are slowly amassing a fund to record a CD next year.

Right now we are rehearsing to do a holiday show in Milwaukee. We are trying to decide if we should perform at a coffeehouse or perhaps another interesting venue like a book store or restaurant.

Question- If you were going to see a group like ours, where would you want to go? I can't wait to hear your suggestion!






Music Player web




Quantcast

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'd like to see you guys in a lounge/bar or maybe in a cute darkly lit restaurant somewhere. I'd like to be able to sit, sip my martini, smoke my long stem cigarette, and wear my pearls and fur.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails