Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Be a Part of Rockabilly & Country Music History


A while back, I did a post on the documentary Welcome to the Club, which is a film on women in rockabilly music, by Beth Harrington. Lately, I have been in contact with Beth about my Master's thesis on women in rockabilly music and she told me about this amazing new project she is working on called The Winding Stream. The documentary is an in-depth look at the Carter and Cash families and their music. If it is anything like her previous work, this film is going to be amazingly good.


Here's where you come in...

The documentary is in phase two of editing and they are raising funds through kickstarter. They need to raise $50,000 by the end of June to be able to move on in the project. There is something pretty special about the pledge perks that I want to point out to anyone thinking about pledging- if you pledge $50 you get a copy of Welcome to the Club, which is out of print and at $80 on amazon right now! I already have a copy and I'm thinking of pledging that amount just to get another one!

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails