Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MARRIED!


Well cats and kittens, I am officially married! Photos have been trickling in from various sources and I will be posting on different aspects of the wedding (and honeymoon) over the next few weeks. If you ever have a question about how I did something or want to know more about a post, please let me know. I started this blog to help others plan a rockabilly/50s wedding, so don't be afraid to ask.

The picture to the right is of my handsome new hubby and myself holding our ceremony text, which was pasted between two 50s albums, and vows, which were attached to vintage 45s. We were married by a dear friend (shown between us in the picture above) who was ordained online. It is completely legal and added so much to our ceremony. Just be sure to research your state's marriage laws to make sure you cover all of your bases. One extra benefit (although not why we did it) is no clergy fee.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm sure everything went beautifully!!

Best wishes!
-Amanda
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5680186

lillyella said...

SOO AWESOME!!!!! you look so wonderful, congrats!!

Miss CherryBubbles said...

What a fun wedding that must have been! Your dress is fabulous and I LOVE the bridesmaids' outfits (especially the bowling shoes)! Also, extra neat that you were married by a dear friend :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails