Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dressing Gown Glamour

Picture my hair all dolled up in victory rolls, make-up perfectly applied in a vintage style, my wedding corset expertly laced, there's a hint of Chanel no. 5 wafting through the air, and there I am running around in crocs, sweat pants and a t-shirt over my corset! Uh..... NO.

One of the first things I did was start looking for a vintage dressing gown to wear as I readied myself for my big day. Yes, I know I am on a budget and this is not a necessary item, but with some of the sacrifices I did make, I think I am allowed one or two "luxury" items. I did find a gorgeous quilted 40s gown for $75 that has to be made slightly bigger in the front, but I can't wait to use it. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of it right now, but when I get some I will post.

How does one procure a lovely dressing gown for herself? Feast your eyes on these Etsy lovelies:


50s Pink Acetate Hollywood Glam Dressing Robe


Excellent condition vintage piece measured flat and across only as 13.5 shoulder to shoulder, 17.5 underarm to undearm, 14 waist, and is 52 long shoulder to hem.

$14.99






HAND MADE DRESSING GOWN MAXIE DRESS 40'S 50'S LARGE


SHOULDER SEAM TO SHOULDER IS:16"
BUST:44" WITH ROOM
WAIST :38" ROOM
HIPS :44"ROOM
LENGTH :54" WITH 2.1/2 " HEM
ARM OPENING :20"
SLEEVE LENGTH:24"

$24.98


Vintage Black Flower Print Miss Elaine Dressing Gown


bust: 32"
waist: 26" (measured at elastic panel on back; unstretched)
length: 52"

This is marked a size small, best for someone who wears a size 4 - 6.

$25






I LOVE LUCY long vintage dressing gown robe


Pretty flowered print with pink piping around collar, front top, sleeve ends and on pocket flaps. Shoulders- 15 1/2", bust- 38", waist- 28". Total length from center back neckline - 55".

$55

















Schiaparelli Hollywood Glamour Dressing Gown Vintage 1950s fits 34-36 bust



Measurements - 55 inches long, fits 34 to 36 inch bust, 27 inch waist, full hips
Label - Schiapparelli
Fabric - nylon

$60

1 comment:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

These are all so lovely! I just found the most beautiful floral 40s dressing gown on etsy but its a bit to small and a bit to pricey. These are all great prices though!
♥Darla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails